· By Nikita Jeppesen
The Importance of Clean Ingredients
When looking at products for your tattoo aftercare it's important to understand that up to 60% of anything you apply to your skin can end up in your bloodstream so choosing safe products will not only benefit your tattoo aftercare but also your health.
At Dr Pickles we are committed to using only clean products and exclude any harmful ingredients such as artificial preservatives known as parabens which can cause skin irritation and hormone disruption. We include nourishing, wholesome, clean ingredients which are designed to help your skin to heal and regenerate ensuring that your ink stays vibrant and long-lasting.
- D-Panthenol also known as Vitamin B5 – Aids in skin hydration & wound healing.
- Organic AloeVera - Has antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties that boost healing and prevents aging.
- Fermented Paw Paw - Rich minerals and antioxidants help to maintain the moisture level in your skin without clogging pores.
- Vitamin A - Assists in promoting the healing process by maintaining a healthy derms and epidermis.
- Peppermint oil - Promotes wound-healing and is great for soothing inflammation and irritation on the skin.
- Cannabis Sativa - Anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin e help reduce redness and swelling in the skin.
- Lemon Peel Oil - Exfoliates away dead skin cells and restores the skin’s natural balance.
- Vitamin C - Accelerates the production of both collagen and elastin. Protects against damage from sun exposure.
- Allantoin - Extracted from the comfrey root, which is known to have healing properties.
- Phenoxyethanol - An ether alcohol that is naturally derived from green tea and is used as a preservative
Using clean, high-quality products when taking care of your new tattoo is crucial in the healing process. It helps to ensure the safety and well-being of your skin. Using products with questionable ingredients or low-quality materials can increase the risk of skin irritation, infection, and other complications. Overall, investing in products like Dr Pickles is not only important for your skin, but it is also an investment in the longevity and appearance of your tattoos. We like to think of Dr Pickles as Tattoo Insurance.
Published: 1/2/2023 | Author: Nikita Jeppesen