What better way to ring in Australia Day than by bringing the smiling face of Steve ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Irwin to national prominence once more?
Dr Pickles Tattoo Aftercare have lassoed and wrestled together this compilation of a dozen vastly different Irwin tattoos and some facts you may not know.
- Steve caught his first venomous snake at age 6 and his first crocodile at age 9.
- Daughter Bindi has the middle name Sue, derived from Steve’s Staffordshire terrier Sui.
- An asteroid discovered in 2001 was named 57567 Crikey in Irwin’s honour.
- Before moving to Queensland, Steve grew up in Essendon and was an Essendon Bombers AFL fan.
- After settling on the Sunshine Coast, Irwin played rugby league for the Caloundra Sharks and became a Brisbane Broncos and Queensland State of Origin fan.
- Irwin purchased large parcels of land to protect wildlife in Australia, the USA, Vanuatu and Fiji.
- Steve and wife Terri spent their honeymoon trapping crocodiles.
- Steve and his crew once saved a stranded scuba diver’s life after he was declared missing in Mexico.
- Having spent most of his adult life near some of Australia’s best beaches, Irwin was also a decent surfer.
- Irwin once wrestled the University of Florida mascot, a Gator, in a commercial for ESPN.
- He is believed to have suffered just the third stingray-inflicted death in 60 years in Australia.
- Irwin’s grave site is in a publicly inaccessible part of Australia Zoo at Beerwah.
Keep your body art fresh, supple and vibrant.
Click HERE for the full range of Dr Pickles Tattoo Aftercare and Lifestyle Products.